The display has:
- stop, drop and roll area
- a small house for crawl low in smoke simulations
- 9-1-1 simulations
- Sparky the Dog
- a scaled down fire truck (pick up size) where kids can turn on lights and sirens and use the radio
- a working fire alarm system
- firefighter’s gear on display
- fire extinguishers
- and a wall dedicated to the Firefighters Memorial in Coralville.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: THANK YOU once again to everyone that helped in any way at the Hall of Flame during the 2017 Iowa State Fair!! Your help was GREATLY appreciated!! Mark your calendars now – the dates for the 2018 fair will be August 9th- 19th. We need volunteers to staff the booth in 4 hour shifts each day. Shifts are 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. and 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. Volunteers receive a Hall of Flame t-shirt and a ticket for admission to the fair. You can work your shift and spend the rest of the day enjoying the Iowa State Fair! If you are interested in helping out e-mail Ashley Hockman at email@example.com or call 515-689-6110.
Hall of Flame Donations: Hall of Flame Donations are always welcome for future updates and continued upkeep. All donations can be sent to:
Iowa Firefighters Association
Hall of Flame
P.O. Box 111
Sigourney, IA 52591