|IOWA FIREFIGHTERS ASSOCIATION THE VOICE OF IOWA’S FIRE FIGHTERS|
POSTER PROGRAM RULES
The Iowa Fire Prevention
Poster Program is sponsored by the Iowa Firefighters Association.
1. Children must be in 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade to participate.
2. All posters should be judged by the school and local fire department in conjunction with Fire Prevention Week with the winning poster from each grade (not each class) then being submitted to the state level.
3. Posters must be drawn by individual students under supervision of their respective teacher.
4. Posters shall measure 12”x 18”.
5. The poster must have this year’s National Fire Protection Association fire safety message,
“ Plan and Practice Your Escape”
written on it. Students then depict this theme using words and/or pictures.
6. Posters may be drawn vertically or horizontally.
7. The poster cannot contain any paste-on applications or identifying words (i.e. student name, city name, fire dept. name)
The back of each poster must contain:
1. Student name
2. Student grade
3. Teacher name
4. School name, address and phone#
5. Fire department name
This information must be printed on the back of the poster. Please be sure to include a phone number in case the committee needs to contact the teacher for any further information.
Failure to follow any of the above guidelines shall disqualify a poster from being judged
Only one poster from each 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade per school will be accepted for judging at the state level.
Deadline for submittal is December 1st.
Send local first place winners to:
Jewell Fire & Rescue
PO Box 399
Jewell, IA 50130-0399
Poster judging will take into consideration the following:
Appeal of the Fire Safety
Message – 75%
Artistic ability, originality
and neatness – 25%
- Awards are given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each grade.
- Each winner will be notified by mail and be invited to an awards banquet at a fire station.
- Each winner will receive a monetary award as follows:
1st place – $100
2nd place – $50
3rd place – $25
- The winners’ local fire departments will receive $50 to be used for their fire prevention programs.
- Winning posters become the property of the Iowa Firefighters Association and will be displayed at the Iowa State Fair Hall of Flame
We’re counting on you! Let’s work hard to involve Iowa’s students in fire prevention!
Send their entries in so we can reward their